Skip to main content


Property Insurance

Whether you rent or own your home, knowing what is covered will provide you peace of mind. 

  • your home and other structures on your property (e.g. garage, shed, personal belongings and contents)
  • legal liability to other people and their property
  • living expenses if your home is being repaired
  • perils such as:
    • explosion
    • falling objects
    • fire
    • glass breakage
    • lightning
    • vandalism
    • smoke
    • theft
    • wind and hail
    • water damage

You can choose from three different levels of coverage. Contact your Independent Insurance Broker to discuss the one which best suits your needs.



  • Covers both the dwelling and contents for all risks
  • Replacement cost (replaces contents with items of similar value, without depreciation)

Broad Form

  • Covers the dwelling for a broad range of risks
  • Covers contents for certain perils such as fire and theft
  • Replacement cost (repairs or replaces items without depreciation)


Named Perils

  • Covers the dwelling and contents only for certain perils such as fire and theft


Additional Coverage (available for purchase)

  • Sewer Backup (check with your Broker for availability)
  • Personal articles Floater (e.g. jewelry)
  • Home Based Business


Homeowner's insurance provides coverage for your home, possessions, and personal liability.


Tenant insurance covers your personal property from unpredictable events. It also provides coverage for legal responsibility to other people if you damage their property or injure them.


Each of our condominium policies is a combined package, which provides protection for personal property, comprehensive personal property and unit contingency.

Seasonal & Rentals

Also known as a Residential Fire policy, this covers your rental property and/or your seasonal home including the property’s physical structure and personal belongings kept on-site.


Boat owner insurance protects your investment in your recreational boating equipment and accessories, such as oars, anchors, life preservers and cushions, from physical damage or loss. Insurance is available for outboard motor boats, inboard boats, inboard-outboard boats, personal watercraft and sailboats.

Other products

  • Builder’s risk
  • Home business
  • Vacation trailer
  • Secondary homeowner

Available discounts

  • Claims Free – New! (previously included as part of HLTV)
  • Occupation – New!
  • Non-Smoker – New!
  • Water Damage Prevention – New!
  • Water Sensor – New!
  • Heating Discount – New! (Atlantic provinces only)
  • Roof Construction Discount – New! (Alberta only)
  • Home Security
  • Mortgage Free
  • Multi-Line Advantage (previously included as part of HLTV)
  • Multi-Location
  • New Home

Products and coverages may vary between provinces.